Empty query results in Canvas note card

Steps to reproduce

• Add a plain note card to a Canvas (not embedding an existing note)
  • Write a query code block, such as:
```query
tag:prio
```

Expected result

The query should list the search results. If I embed an existing note and add the query in that note, it’s rendered correctly in both the note view and the embedded Canvas view:

Actual result

But the same query in a non-embedded note card looks like this:

Environment

• Operating system: macOS

• Debug info:

SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v1.1.16
	Installer version: v1.1.9
	Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 22.3.0: Mon Jan 30 20:38:37 PST 2023; root:xnu-8792.81.3~2/RELEASE_ARM64_T6000 22.3.0
	Login status: logged in
	Catalyst license: insider
	Insider build toggle: on
	Live preview: on
	Legacy editor: off
	Base theme: adapt to system
	Community theme: none
	Snippets enabled: 5
	Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
	Custom theme and snippets: for cosmetic issues, please first try updating your theme and disabling your snippets. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community theme and snippets.

There are four types of canvas cards:

Text, link (a link to a webpage), file (an “embedded” note or image), and group.

For now, embedded search, dataview queries, etc., don’t work in text cards. This may or many not change in the future. :thinking:

Sure, I understand that. My bug report is about the fact that the embedded search is rendered in a text card, it just shows zero results. It’s more confusing than not rendering the UI at all.

Thanks for the report. will be fixed in v1.2.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.