Editor issue with file

hey guys, i think Obsidian v0.15.9 (on M1 Mac) broke recently. Editor no longer has an undo stack and doesnt recognize markdown headers.

Steps to reproduce

Try to edit text in obsidian, then hit undo, and see nothing happens

try to enter in a markdown header with ## foo and see it doesnt get recognised

Expected result

undo should work

Actual result

nothing happens

Environment

• Operating system:
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.15.9
    Installer version: v0.14.6
    Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.3.0: Wed Jan 5 21:37:58 PST 2022; root:xnu-8019.80.24~20/RELEASE_ARM64_T6000 21.3.0
    Login status: logged in
    Catalyst license: none
    Insider build toggle: off
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: 80s Neon
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Restricted mode: off
    Plugins installed: 6
    Plugins enabled: 5
    1: Calendar v1.5.10
    2: Paste URL into selection v1.6.0
    3: Markdown prettifier v0.1.3
    4: Obsidian Git v1.16.2
    5: Paste That Shizz v0.0.1pre1

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Custom theme: for cosmetic issues, please first try updating your theme to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community theme and snippets.
Community plugins: for bugs, please first try updating all your plugins to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community plugins.

it works fine in sandbox.

found 3 plugins to update, but updating did not fix.

i turned on restricted mode to turn off community plugins completely and it is still happening

i used “Reload app without saving” to restart the app. (btw maybe threading might help, but i cant start a thread) just tried manual restart, with all plugins turned off, and still no change. bug still there.

First thing to try: Download and reinstall the latest version from the website.

update - @Licat in discord conffirmed that they can replicate the bug, with this specific markdown file:
DX Tips blog ideas.md (18.6 KB)

2 Likes

is this still happening?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.