Edit Toolbar and Navigation Buttons Disappear on Android after using “toggle keyboard” button and navigate away

Steps to reproduce

1. create a new vault on an Android mobile, use live-preview mode
  2. create page “test1” and type [[test2]], create page “test2” by tapping it
  3. edit “test2”, and collapse the touch keyboard with the “toggle keyboard” button on the toolbar
  4. use Android system navigation button to go back to the previous page “test1”.
  5. the edit toolbar disapper but the page navigation buttons do not appear. It’s empty at the bottom.

Screenrecorde

(Actually, I get the same result if in step 4 I use the navigation button “go to front page” or “go to next page” or create a new page with [] syntex and tap it)

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y]

Expected result

I want the page navigation buttons appear after going back to the previous page. If it’s impossible, at least give me edit toolbar.

Actual result

I have to tap the text in “test1” to get the edit toolbar, and use the “toggle keyboard” button again to get the page navigation buttons. That’s two additional taps everytime.
I guess it went wrong when I use “toggle keyboard” button.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Operating system: android 12
Obsidian version: 1.4.6 (105)
API version: v1.3.3
Login status: not logged in
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

Additional information

The best design here, in my opinion, will be: Showing edit toolbar when the keyboard is expanded; showing navigation buttons when the keyboard is collapsed. As far as I know, the Logseq and Notion Android apps behave like that.

Could be related: [Bug] The mobile toolbar does not hide when the keyboard is closed? - #5 by Smeagol

1 Like

It’s not complex. I can’t believe no one could reproduce this issue.

Yes, I can reproduce.

Me too.

Does anybody know if this is gonna get fixed?

All I have to do is

1. Go to edit mode (Source Mode is enabled already)
  2. On a markdown link that links to another note, put the cursor on the link so that the Follow Link popup appears. Tap it.
  3. When the new note appears the bottom toolbar is gone.

This happens regardless of whether the keyboard has been closed or not in (2) before clicking the Follow link

this is fixed in 1.5.8

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.