DWM border pixels

Steps to reproduce

Open obsidian while using DWM (Dynamic Window Manager) on linux

Expected result

Every program that opens normally should have a 3px border surrounding it.

Actual result

Obsidian is missing the border pixels.

Environment

• Operating system: Arch Linux (5.14.15-arch1-1)
  • Obsidian version: v0.12.19

Additional information

I am unsure if this is an issue with obsidian or dwm (or neither and they just don’t play well together) as googling for similar issues of programs missing borders did not yield any results. This, as well as obsidian being the only program that I have seen to be missing the border leads me to believe it has to do with how obsidian handles/creates the window. Even if not deemed an obsidian bug, I would love if someone could point me in the right direction of how to fix this. Thanks!

Obsidian is an Electron app, and also uses CodeMirror. So in your searching, I would compare it to other Electron apps. (And I have no idea if CodeMirror has any part in drawing the app window.)

1 Like

Hmm… Couldn’t find anyone else with issues with dwm and electron apps. I also installed discord to test another electron app and it did indeed have the border. I’m thinking it may have to do with a specific electron setting. If no luck I’ll start looking into CodeMirror. I very much appreciate the info!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.