Drag and drop from OmniFocus crashes Obsidian

Once you’ve done the above, delete everything above this line.

Steps to reproduce

1. Open OmniFocus 3.14.1 or 4.0 beta.
  2. Drag an object from OmniFocus to Obsidian (folder, project or task).

Note that the bug does not extend to selected text that is being dragged from OmniFocus.

Expected result

Obsidian should not crash.

(More precisely: Either some kind of representation of the dragged object should appear at the drop location or, if there is no useful way to represent the dragged item, nothing should happen.)

Actual result

Obsidian crashes the instant the mouse pointer touches the sandbox vault window while dragging the item from OmniFocus. (Or any other vault window is touched.)

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.2.7
Installer version: v1.2.7
Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 22.4.0: Mon Mar 6 20:59:28 PST 2023; root:xnu-8796.101.5~3/RELEASE_ARM64_T6000 22.4.0
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

MacBook Pro M1
OmniFocus 3.14.1 or 4.0 (v174.0.2)

1 Like

Can you post a screen recording of this happening in the sandbox vault?

I just noticed this as well today after auto-upgrading to 1.3.5 and subsequently manually upgrading Obsidian installer to 1.3.5 in order to pick up the new app icon. Prior to these upgrades, I had been on whatever the most recent version of Obsidian itself was and on a roughly 2 months old version of the installer, and dragging OmniFocus tasks and projects into Obsidian notes worked just fine whereas now they crash the app as per the OP. Note that dragging objects from other apps, such as from Mail continue to work as they always have under 1.3.5; thus far it is only OmniFocus that I’ve seen cause this behavior.

1 Like

Can you post a screen recording of this happening in the sandbox vault?

Don’t see this too often.

crash-report.md (98.3 KB)

ok, thanks.

Same thing here. Updated to 1.3.5 and drag and drop started to Crash Obsidian. It generates a long report that may be useful. I can send if you are not able to reproduce.

I’ve got the same problem. The version of Obsidian is 1.5.12 and Omnifocus version 3.15.6 (v151.36.4).