Does Dataview inline DQL resolve Promises?

Hello,
I’m writing a project based on existing code not written by me and I’m quite puzzled by why this work because I think it shouldn’t :smiley:

In a note there is an inline dv field whose value is:

my_view:: `$=dv.view("example", {file: "Hello there"})`

and later, on the note’s body the view is execute with the following line

=this.my_view

This puzzled me for two reason:

1. I do have a folder named example that contains a file named view.js
    • This folder is NOT located at the vault root, it’s stored under a _views folder.
    • According to the documentation the first parameter of dv.view should be the full path where the file or folder containing the js code is.

Question 1: why does this code code work even tough the full path of the js file is not specified?
The correct one should be dv.view("_views/example", {file: "Hello there"}).

HINT: I’m using obsidian-modules, can it be that this plugin is exposing the folders under _views as modules globally available to any dataviewjs query into the entire vault?

1. The documentation also shows that dv.view should be awaited and used like so: await dv.view("views/custom", { arg1: ..., arg2: ... });
    • In my case the code is stored in an inline field as an inline js query (because of the $=...)
    • Then this field is invoked via an inline DQL with =this.my_view

Question 2: why does this work without any await ?
Question 3: why the dv.view expression is saved as an inline query and assigned to my_view? What would be the reasoning here? :man_shrugging:

Also noticed that if I use a dataviewjs code block in the notes’s body like so, it produces the same result. In this case the await is required, without it it just produces a Promise object (as it seems logic).

//dataviewjs
await dv.view("example", {file: "Hello there"}) 

Question 2.1: So does it means that the inline DQL =this.my_view automatically resolve the promise? :thinking:
I couldn’t find anything on dv documentation about promises.