Document gets deleted when entering a specific text

Hello,
I stumbled over this bug which caused me some headache while trying to document InfoSec stuff. I tried to reproduce it on Windows, but there everything is fine. I have no plugins active deactivated the CSS thing and also reinstalled Obisidian.

Steps to reproduce

1. Open a new vault
  2. Enter the text from here Obisidan crash - 04dae871 (Sorry, pastebin also did not like my text :frowning: )
  3. Try to save with CMD+S
  4. Document is deleted and the editor is blank

Expected result

I would expect the document to be saved

Actual result

The document is deleted without warning (even with warnings on) and can only be restored if you have file versioning or backups

Environment

• Operating system: MacOS 11.4
  • Obsidian version: v0.12.10

Additional information

Made a short video of the phenomenon: https://streamable.com/9irzb8

I can’t reproduce. Are you sure it happens only with pasting that content?!?!
Do you have write persiossion in your directory vault?

1 Like

Yes, only happens with that content, rest is fine. I also have write permissions in the directory of the vault.
Is it possible to have a look at the logs or run Obsidian in debug mode? I want to rule out misconfiguration, even though I am pretty sure that I am not too far away from the default settings.

Does it happen in the help vault?

does cmd-opt-i report any error?

1 Like

Also happens in the help vault.
CMD+OPT+I gives me the following errors:

Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, open β€˜/Users/frank/Library/Application Support/obsidian/Obsidian Help/Untitled.md’

app.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, open β€˜/Users/frank/Library/Application Support/obsidian/Obsidian Help/Untitled.md’

app.js:1 Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open β€˜/Users/frank/Library/Application Support/obsidian/Obsidian Help/Untitled.md’

Just to assure you: I am able to save other new notes, I can take another screenrecording of this if you want me to.