Do not show markdown stuff AT ALL

What I’m trying to do

Hi all, I come from TeXmacs and Zim, which are both WYSIWYG editors as well. Zim is more like Obsidian in terms of its underlying encoding is very similar to Markdown.

Currently, the behaviour of Obsidian is it hides Markdown symbols on unfocused lines (hence WYSIWYG), but it reverts to raw Markdown when cursor is on that element.

I would like to know if there is a way to disable that. I do not want it to be “sensitive” in terms of asterisks appearing and disappearing as I move my cursor. If I want to edit something related to structure of Markdown (e.g. hyperlinks), I would rather use right-click menu or just outright delete it and retype.

In other words, I want complete separation of UI and markdown semantic.

I would be happy to write some plugin if that is not possible, albeit I may not have much experience as of now.

Things I have tried

I looked into several posts, but most of them come before the WYSIWYG era and asks for “WYSIWYG when unfocused” which is already accomplished.

This is being discussed in the thread below:

It’s not currently an option within Obsidian.

I’m not sure if I understand you, but there’s a way for removing all the markdown formatting when displaying in source mode. Check: Disable markdown - #4 by gregg

Maybe you could simply switch to and forth source mode to accomplish what you need.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.