Differentiating between footnotes and endnotes

Hello,

According to Wikipedia, Obsidian makes use of endnotes, and not footnotes, since:

Footnotes are notes at the foot of the page while endnotes are collected under a separate heading at the end of a chapter, volume, or entire work.

Does anyone know of a way in which to differentiate between these two for the purposes of exporting to PDF? Typically, I would use 1, 2, 3, etc. as symbols for endnotes, and *, **, *** as symbols for footnotes (as per the definition above).

P.S. I was not sure whether to put this to the help or feature request section, but in my mind if this were implemented as a general feature, I would rely on the two separate modes of current footnote writing

[1]

vs.

[2]

to differentiate between using endnotes and footnotes. The inline footnotes could be used as actual footnotes, while the second way of writing would be used as it is currently, as endnotes.

1. footnote content ↩︎

2. footnote1 content ↩︎

The #academia channel in Obsidian’s Discord may have answers for you.

Thank Cawlin, I gave it a shot, I will post here in case a someone shares a solution on Discord.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.