Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? Y

Yes

Expected result

Being able to continue dictating the new paragraph

Actual result

Voice recognition terminates and microphone button needs to be clicked again

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Operating system: android 13 (Sony XQ-DE72)
Obsidian version: 1.4.16 (114)
API version: v1.4.16
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: none
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

This issue does not happen with other apps on the same android phone, only with Obsidian. Also, I did not have this issue when using the app on iOS when I was using it with the Apple keyboard.

1 Like

Sorry to bump this. I ran into the same problem, google voice chat works fine on other apps. Just stops when jumping into a new line.

The text to speech on pixel 6a works fine.

Similar problem here on Samsung Galaxy S24 ultra after switching to Gboard for dictation. “New paragraph” and “enter” behave as expected in Obsidian, except when in a list, where I expect it to continue with the next list item, but instead it exits the list structure and creates a new paragraph, even if I say “enter”. There is a “flicker” of the cursor when this happens, which makes me wonder if obsidian has any special handling of newlines received when in list context…

I’ll keep searching for another reported bug more similar to what I’m seeing.

I don’t think we can do anything about that because gboard is not really sending us the ‘enter’ key.

It’s creating the new line all by it self.

Roger that, thanks. I found this related bug report/thread which suggests its gboards autocorrect that is the root cause, but IME disabling autocorrect in gBoard does NOT fix the list behavior in Obsidian.

This is of course in line with your feedback, @WhiteNoise . Sounds like you have done some testing with gBoard to know that theyre not sending Enter key on “enter” dictation. Can you elaborate, or give a suggestion for coercing Gboard into sending just an Enter key?