just randomly stumbled upon this forum thread and therefore your plugin.
First and foremost, I want to say great work and a great plugin. I like how the whole experience ties together nicely and the features feel thought out, even though I had never heard of Diarium before.
But I also have to mention, that I am the developer of the Journal Review plugin, that you also mentioned in your README.md. And as much as I appreciate that you apparently liked my plugin enough to copy some of its code and features and of course think it’s nice to share, it definitely would have been nice to at least get a message or so, to know about this. It also makes me happy to know when my plugin is being appreciated and used, instead of randomly seeing screenshots that look “familiar”, and maybe we could have helped each other out or so.
All in all, I am happy to see this and the entire spirit of open source is to improve on each other’s work of course, so no hard feelings.
Just for the future, maybe keep in mind to let others know
Hi, I know its a lot to ask but would u mind having the option to remove the heart from the icon thats on the left bar, Im a guy who likes to journal but its a bit girly for me to see icon like this
Thanks
This is incredible, I love it I am not a diarian user but I journal using obsidian and this makes it incredibly easy to integrate it with my supernote.
Can I ask, do you always need to have the time in the note title? From your notes it looks like I shouldn’t need to but in practice I always need to have the title as a date else it won’t go into the calendar. Timestamps aren’t picking up
Using it for multiple daily notes so it would be lovely to have more informative names and then have all notes from that day show in the calendar view.
Hi! Maybe I can create an option for you to choose between different icons for the plugin. Or maybe I can create my own icon for it myself. I’ll see what I can do. But to make sure that I don’t eventually forget to take care of this, it would be great if you could create an issue, because I rarely check this forum, and I’ve been doing other things recently, and it may be a bit before I go back to work on Diarian. Creating an issue ensures that I see it when I go back to work on it.
The way I have it set up currently, it checks the entire path to see if it matches the settings you have under Settings → Daily notes to see if it’s a daily note. It’s a good idea though to have the note names be more descriptive; I’m just not entirely sure how I would implement it currently. I think I’d need to make it separate from your current Daily Notes settings and make my own settings for the path of your note. Feel free to create an issue, and I’ll see what I can do.
It might take a while to get to it though, since I’ve been busy doing other things recently.