Developing plugin: My Bible

I’m working on a plugin called My Bible. It is meant to streamline the process of including the Bible in your vault and linking to it from your notes.

The Bible plugins that I’ve seen either only allow you to insert links from external APIs, or assume that you already have a markdown Bible. I’m making this plugin to generate a markdown bible for you!

Let me know what you think, is this useful?

2 Likes

There’s already a script that does this. Bible Study in Obsidian Kit (including the Bible in Markdown)

Not to rain on your parade or anything. If you can make it happen all within Obsidian without having to install Perl and Python, that would be pretty amazing and lower the bar to entry for a lot of people.

2 Likes

That’s actually what inspired me to write this plugin. I’ve used that script myself, but I didn’t think someone who wasn’t a developer would know how to use it. I created My Bible to be a friendlier way of doing the same thing.

I also have some other ideas that, if I can pull them off, would provide great features for Bible studies.

2 Likes

Cool I’d just ask you don’t forget those of us who use the Catholic bible with the “extra” books.

It only supports the 66 books from Genesis to Revelation for technical reasons at the moment. However, I’ve been thinking about how to overcome those technical limitations to expand it to the apocrypha, for those who want it.

1 Like