Delete notes from their tags?

Hi all. I use Obsidian at work and personally. I have a vault with my 2432 notes and I synchronize via Obsidian Synch between 3 computers and 1 smartphone. It was nirvana. But the security is strengthening at work, I can no longer synchronize. So I’m going to cut my vault in two, a pro and a personal. I tagged my notes between the two worlds so I’d like to do the cleanup to get to these two vaults from the tags. Basically: I would like to position myself on my professional vault and delete my personal notes and then do the opposite operation on my personal vault. So I would like to delete a set of notes selected by a tag. I searched in the basic functionalities or via plugins but I didn’t find anything. Do you have an idea ? I asked the same question on Discord general and french.

2 Likes

I think, the simplest way is, to do this outside of Obsidian, with a grep-like utility (I use dnGrep Release v3.0.64.0 · dnGrep/dnGrep · GitHub). You can search for your notes tagged #privat (resp. #pro) (search button) and then delete the notes found by the search (Button More < Delete files…
Hope this helps.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.