Delete markup

In ulysses or iA Writer there are keyboard shortcuts to remove markup (or remove styles, depending on the application). In Ulysses with a simple command-L you can remove markdown code from the selected text. I think it’s a very useful feature, I guess I didn’t know how to search well, because I haven’t found anything in the forum…

(I’m a recent user so I may have missed something…)

2 Likes

I’m missing this very much as well.

You see, I also publish some of my notes on Facebook and ex-Twitter, and their editors are dumb, of course (unlike, say, Mastodon): they don’t understand Markdown, so before copying anything to Facebook’s/ex-Twitter’s posting window, I need to remove Markdown from it.

It’s really tedious to have to do this manually every time. There really should be a simple, configurable keyboard shortcut for this: Remove Markdown from selected text. (And one can press CTRL+A prior to that, of course, if one wishes to remove Markdown from the entire note.)

I have searched through all the community plugins, but have so far found nothing to resolve this.

There’s a Reddit thread dealing with this issue, that proposes a solution (but I find it to be a laborious workaround), so I have just posted a couple more of my observations there:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ObsidianMD/comments/16lyhap/comment/kh0opy2