Default / lock view area when open a canvas

Use case or problem

I created a canvas as my “dashboard” with several main cards and hundreds of other cards that linked and sprouted from these main cards. Whenever I open this canvas note, the default view is the automatically zoom-out view that includes all cards, which are now super small and hard to see.

Proposed solution

I would like to have a feature to lock in a default view area. Meaning whenever I open the note, my screen will show only the main card area. I would still be able to zoom-in zoom-out as normal. But after closing the canvas, and re-open it, I would see the main card area right away.

Current workaround (optional)

I don’t have any.

Related feature requests (optional)

1 Like

I agree that this would be an important feature. As a workaround I’m using the Workspaces core plugin. When I save a workspace with the canvas file zoomed in the way I want, reloading it will preserve the zoom state.

(There’s at least one major downside to this method: I like to keep my daily note open next to the canvas file, so I saved this setup as a workspace, but when I reload it, the daily note is from whenever I last saved that workspace - usually not today.)