DB Folder

Things I have tried

What I’m trying to do

My database with DB folder keeps turning into this.

The database Is made with #dissertation. When I go into a note and add #dissertation in order to add the note to the database it just messes everything up.
I’ve tried entering the # in the yamal but it doesn’t make a difference. Perhaps I need to try the inline way… well, that doesn’t work either.

Any idea how can I fix it?

Also, when I have it pull in the tasks but dataview can’t find it the cell becomes massive.

I want it to be a normal size.

If anyone could help that would be awesome. Thanks!
Andrew

Sorry but this is a little confusing.

You start by mentioning a “database” in DB folder but you show us a DATAVIEW table.

I don’t know how DB folder works, but related with dataview, what’s your goal?

I made a short loom so you can see exactly what’s happening.

It’s the DB folder plugin that I’m trying to figure out. It keeps turning into a dataview table instead of the database.

I think I figured it out. I just have to put the Database in a Database folder and leave it there.
Thanks.
Andrew

Have you found out if there are additional displays in case there are no tasks in the dataview query ?

I looked but couldn’t find anything.

Hello Amaccoop, I had the same issue : when I select « see as markdown » and then try to go back, i cannot retrieve the database view.

The only way I find to retrieve it is to select « Reading View » and then restart Obsidian. I hope this will hep.

1 Like

creator here

Its a dataview option itself called “warn on empty result”

About to back from md view just close the note, a restart is not necessary

2 Likes

That worked. Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks, @RafaelGB. That took care of it. Love the plugin by the way.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.