Date format options for Properties

Use case or problem

I want to be able to show the day of the week in Date and Date and Time fields in Properties.

Proposed solution

An application setting that allows the user to specify the date format (short, medium, long or full)

Additional information

Properties - Obsidian Help says, “The date picker follows your operating system’s default date and time format. You can change it in your system preferences.” I am not asking to change that. But my system allows for several different date styles, as seen below. So I’m asking to be able to choose between these settings, not necessarily on a per-note basis, but as an application-wide setting for which system date format to use in Properties.

3 Likes

+1 for this. It also feels like a strange design pattern, when other places in Obsidian let you specify these things manually, it feels out of place and inconsistent across operating systems to have this work this way.
It could work just as the unique note creator prefix does YYYY-MM-DD-HHmm -, for instance.

I had felt somewhat appreciative that this display format was locked in. But now that you mention it, it would be nice to be able to customize it in settings using momentjs syntax. Thanks.