Dataviewjs list pages as tasks

I’m trying to get a list of pages with a specific tag to be listed as tasks like below;

I’ve tried modifying a number of examples from the dataview docs but getting a list of pages like this does not seem possible with the existing queries and I’m not sure how to proceed.

What do you intend to happen when you click on the pages?

Could you possibly use templater to actually insert a list of tasks linking to pages?

One alternative could be to use dv.markdownList(), and then add the “missing” part of [ ] into the start of the line… But I’m still kind of curious on the use case.

When I click on the pages then it’ll just take me to the page with the description of the project. And when I’m done I can mark the project as done in my homepage that lists all the projects.

Thanks I actually tried the below but I get an error.

const markdown = dv.markdownTaskList(dv.pages("#projects").file.link); dv.paragraph(markdown);

I’m not familiar with templater and not sure how I would do this with it.

And what kind of error do you get? Could you show the entire block within four backticks, so we can see all of your query?

And still, why the task format if you’re just using them as a note list? The query version will not keep track of the task status, unless you do some other magic somewhere.

The task/checklist format is so that I can tick off projects as done and see what projects remain. Also I can re-prioritize projects.

const markdown = dv.markdownTaskList(dv.pages("#marketing").file.link); dv.paragraph(markdown);

The error I get is

Evaluation Error: TypeError: item.children is not iterable
    at enumerateChildren (plugin:dataview:14998:28)
    at nestItems (plugin:dataview:15028:9)
    at nestGroups (plugin:dataview:15043:16)
    at DataviewApi.markdownTaskList (plugin:dataview:18980:24)
    at DataviewInlineApi.markdownTaskList (plugin:dataview:18362:25)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (plugin:dataview), <anonymous>:1:59)
    at DataviewInlineApi.eval (plugin:dataview:18370:16)
    at evalInContext (plugin:dataview:18371:7)
    at asyncEvalInContext (plugin:dataview:18381:32)
    at DataviewJSRenderer.render (plugin:dataview:18402:19)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.