from #database
group by area
sort area asc

Here is the YAML header of one of the file :

---
area: Lecture
---
#database 

but here is the display, I do not understand, the lines without area, these are duplicated lines as all have area

Hello,

I am using the dataview plugin with the following query

table rows.file.link as Database, area as Area
from #database
group by area
sort area asc

Here is the YAML header of one of the file :

---
area: Lecture
---
#database 

but here is the display, I do not understand, the lines without area, these are duplicated lines as all have area

@szdavid: You’re crossposting (asking the same question multiple times in different places), which is not too well received in many forums. See Dataview, strange display.

Short answer: The output is perfectly alright: You asked for area grouping and got it (right column). One Group “-”, one group “Databases”, one group “Lecture”. The elements of these groups are shown in the left column.

Thank you @Moonbase59 ; Ok for Lecture and Databases but the - one, I do not know where it comes from… not defined in my yaml

It will do that for all cases where it doesn’t see area:, just tried to verify. So you should check if, say “Prochains livres” actually contains an area: in the front matter (maybe not there, typo, empty or wrong data type).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.