Things I have tried
I have googled, looked, and attempted to find someone who has had this problem but come up empty handed.
What I’m trying to do
I created a portable “TOC” generator (lists files in my folders) using Dataviewjs. I was able to create something functional using dataviewjs, but I started to get curious if I could do it using DQL. That’s when the trouble started.
The following chunk of code:
TABLE WITHOUT ID link(file.name,file.aliases) as "Note", Comments as "Description" WHERE contains(file.path, this.file.folder) AND file.name != this.file.name SORT file.alises ASC
Stopped EVERY DQL from returning results, even after a restart of Obsidian. Even simple queries like:
LIST FROM #NoteCard
produce empty results. No errors. The code is parsed correctly, but NOTHING IS RETURNED.
And I can’t seem to figure out how to restart dataview. Strangely, dataviewjs blocks still work. It’s like I crashed the DQL engine or something.
Note: the dataviewjs code that works looks like this:
let this_page = dv.current(); let this_folder = '"'; this_folder += this_page.file.folder; this_folder += '"'; let page_query = this_folder + ' AND -#HomeNote'; dv.table( ["File", "Comments"], dv.pages(page_query).sort(p => p.file.aliases) .map(p => [dv.fileLink(p.file.name,false,p.file.aliases), p.Comments]) );