I’m new to Obsidian and also to this forum so apologies in advance if I’m not posting in the right group.
I started using the Dataview plugin to help organize my index pages.
I’m working on the worldbuilding of a novel and I’d like to add YAML metadata in each note to categorize them according to character, location etc.
My YAML looks like:
--- aliases:  tags: [character] type: principal ---
My Dataview query looks like:
LIST FROM #character WHERE type = "principal"
It all works great, however as soon as I start introducing several items in “type” metadata, Dataview tells me there are no notes corresponding to the query.
For instance, I change the metadata to:
--- aliases:  tags: [character] type: principal, bad ---
With this query, no result is showing. I also tried
type: [principal, bad] but same problem.