Dataview - Display blocks/paragraphs instead files

Hi all!

What I’m trying to do

I have some sort of Inbox in the form of a bullet list where I put my entries from time to time, and I assign a tag to each entry.

I would like to make Dataview display all blocks/paragraphs (bullet list items) with my specified tag that are in the “Inbox” file.

Something like:

```dataview
list
from "Inbox" and #obsidian
sort date desc
```

But with such a query Dataview just displays the Inbox file itself, not the blocks/paragraphs (bullet list items) to which the specified tag is assigned.

If it is possible, and someone knows what to specify in Dataview query to display blocks/paragraphs (bullet list items) - please tell me.

Things I have tried

I tried the aforementioned Dataview Query, but it did not produce the desired result.

And I also tried Obsidian’s built-in embedded search query as an alternative solution, but it only displays the end of the block/paragraph (bullet list item), and I’d like it to display the entire block/paragraph (bullet list item) in its entirety:

```query
path: "Inbox" tag:#obsidian
```

Then I tried installing the «Obsidian Query Control» plugin, and adjusted my query as follows:

```query
path: "Inbox" tag:#obsidian
context: true
```

… but that didn’t produce any result, for some reason none of the functions of the «Obsidian Query Control» plugin work.

1 Like

Try the following where we split up the list items into its separate into items, and then check for that tag.

```dataview
LIST WITHOUT ID item.text
FROM "Inbox" 
FLATTEN file.lists as item
WHERE contains(item.tags, "#obsidian")
SORT date DESC 
```
3 Likes

This is working as it should, HUGE thanks!!!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.