Database based on folders

Hello obsidian community,
Since December of last year I have been thinking of a plugin on a Notion-style database window. This month I have been able to begin to materialise it and I consider that it is mature enough to share it with you.

I still have many features to add in mind and I hope to be able to publish it officially between this month and the next.

Currently you can add & edit rows, add & edit columns, choose type of column and order rows.

I am working hard on it. You can now install manually release v0.0.3 if you want to try it.

Devs, all help its welcome.

Hope you appreciate it!

16 Likes

Looking great thanks for your efforts will give it a try

2 Likes

It looks interesting, thank you!

Updates

3 new versions of this beta available releases

No longer broken

• Fixed unable to add frontmatter to note after modify label ISSUE#10

Shiny new things

• Added Drag & Drop columns. Order is persisted ISSUE#5

• Style background of the table is now adapted to the theme PR#9 zubayrrr

Developers

• State of table toggle configuration added. Show react table state at bottom of the page. It has a default value & local value of each dadabase.

Shiny new things

• Global filters added
2 Likes

nice one mate, will give it a try :smile::+1:

With the 0.0.7 I am exploring the concept of event driven with changes inside.

Now you can config a select type column so when you change the value, the file is moved into a subfolder!

1 Like

Would love this to be available for mobile. Even installed through BRAT, I can download it but can’t load it .

Mobile is not supported yet because obsidian version. Was developed with 14.5 in mind and the mobile I think has the 14.2 right now.

renamed project name (locale translation) bd for db.

1 Like

I’m using the mobile beta version, which is equivalent to 0.14.6 on desktop, so no.

1 Like

With emulation its working. I will add this problem to the backlog, thanks for the feedback!

new issue added to Kanban

Hi @RafaelGB , super job on this. Can I check if the Drag & Drop feature is currently working as expected?

Not working for me at the moment on Insider Desktop v16.01

Hi @RafaelGB , thanks you for making this plugin. Anyway to make this work on Obsidian mobile ? A lot of people use iphone and ipad only so make it work on mobile would be a pleasure.

Hi @BoatyMcBoatface & @qfnkdv , I am glad you enjoy the plugin.

About D&D its opened an issue while we are trying to dev a custom solution => Cannot drag/drop files after viewing the database · Issue #239 · RafaelGB/obsidian-db-folder · GitHub

You can enable it on global settings > developer section but the Obsidian D&D drops will stop to work

The Mobile version is my objective for 3.0.0 , I really try to support it but there is an incompatibility with Node.js libraries and it needs several hours of adaptions and work. I am afraid I can not tell you when it will be avaliable but is in my mind

Hi Rafael,

Thank you so much for making this plugin, I’m really excited to try!

Im experiencing an error though…When I try to create a database folder or a table, it tells me it has errors parsing YAML…I’m not sure where this issue is coming from but because of it, I can’t use the plugin.

Do you know how to fix this?

Hi Timo,
You can open a discussion/issue on the GitHub repo and I will be happy to support your problem.

Could you share your markdown ddbb note and the version that you are using?

Just watched Notion databases in Obsidian - YouTube and I’m blown away. I guess I don’t need Notion for any uses anymore. Thanks @RafaelGB and great job!

2 Likes