Daily note tasks due today that don't update the following day

Like many people, I use dataview to populate my daily notes with tasks that are incomplete and due “today” as well as tracking tasks I have finished “today.” I have been doing this:

not done
due today

and

done today

Then I realized that the “today” part updates. This makes both sections of my daily template useless as historical records. Is there a way to replace “today” with the value of the actual date or with the title of the file?

I tried following this thread, but I don’t understand what he’s doing. (I’m new at markdown, and less than a beginner when it comes to coding.)

Is what I want to do possible?

Thanks

I use the Templater plugin to create my daily note, with something like below, so the today gets translated to hardcoded value. This way, going back to a previous Daily Note, the value is hardcoded and therefore preserved at that point in time.

modification date: <%+ tp.file.last_modified_date("dddd Do MMMM YYYY HH:mm:ss") %>
<%*
  let yesterday = tp.date.now("YYYY-MM-DD", -1, tp.file.title, "YYYY-MM-DD")
  let today     = tp.date.now("YYYY-MM-DD",  0, tp.file.title, "YYYY-MM-DD")
  let tomorrow  = tp.date.now("YYYY-MM-DD",  1, tp.file.title, "YYYY-MM-DD")
%>

[[<% tp.date.yesterday("YYYY-MM-DD") %>]] <== <button class="date_button_today">Today</button> ==> [[<% tp.date.tomorrow("YYYY-MM-DD") %>]]

## Tasks
### Over Due

```tasks

not done

due before <% today %>

```
### Today
#### Due Today

```tasks

not done

due on <% today %>

```

Thank you for this. I’ll implement it today and check back on Monday to see if it’s doing what I want it to do. Out of curiosity, what are you doing with the “button class” stuff?

Actually not doing anything with it, but it would allow me control the looks of the “Today” button on my Daily Notes. I inherited from an example, I think Bryan Jenks example vault. I can’t even remember now. It would allow me to control the looks of the Today button on my daily notes, but I haven’t really used it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.