Cursor placement off by a line for some special cases

Steps to reproduce

Open a sandbox vault and set the font size to 21. Copy this into a new file. Use live preview and try clicking the line x and y.

# Hallo
## Hallo
### Hallo
#### Hallo
##### Hallo

- $\text{FTIME}(t(n))=\left\{ f \mid f \text{ wird von einer t(n)-zeitbeschränkten DTM berechnet} \right\}$
line x
line y

Expected result

Just a regular old file with nothing special going on.

Actual result

This mess:

It is super weird and not always consistent when this happens. I have no idea what could cause this. Playing around with it hasn’t made it clear to me. Good luck! (well it has to be something with the equation going out of the bounds ig)

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.5.8
Installer version: v1.5.3
Operating system: #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Mon, 05 Feb 2024 22:07:49 +0000 6.7.4-arch1-1
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: insider
Insider build toggle: on
Live preview: on
Base theme: adapt to system
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

Your example seems alright over here:

Obsidian_ItVf87niV1

It looks like you’ve got some custom CSS, either from a theme or snippet in your screen recording (the heading and line indicators). If it’s not written correctly, it could cause the odd behavior like you’re seeing.

Well the screen recording is from my regular vault but the bug occurs in the sandbox as well just as I mentioned in the “steps to reproduce”. I just didn’t want to create another recording. It looks like you might not have changed the font size. If not idk why you can’t reproduce it.

Yeah, not sure.

CleanShot 2024-03-02 at 07.28.18

Different operating systems, maybe?

In my second screen recording, the mathjax section is shifted to the next line because of the change in font size. It I turn off readable line length, it’s on the same line as the bullet. I don’t notice any issues with the cursor (on macOS) with readable line length enabled or not.

I was able to reproduce it on windows as well :frowning:

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.5.8
Installer version: v1.4.13
Operating system: Windows 10 Home 10.0.22631
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: insider
Insider build toggle: on
Live preview: on
Base theme: adapt to system
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Can you post a screen recording from the Sandbox vault showing the issue?

There really isn’t anything new to see… It’s literally the same bug as shown in the previous recording. Just for you though:

bug

Is this with appimage package and using x11 or xwayland?

Like I said I can reproduce this on Windows as well. No on arch I installed obsidian using the regular pacman package which uses the .tar.gz GitHub releases. I am using x11.