This is one really tricky to reproduce sometimes so try it multiple times (sometimes “pasting” is not even needed). In the explanation below the vertical | bar represents the location of the cursor.
How to reproduce:
- Create a new note with this title - leave the cursor at the end of the line: “This is my new note |”
- Switch from obsidian to some other app (cmd+tab or alt+tab)
- Copy some text (like a word “blah”) into clipboard from somewhere: cmd+c
- Switch focus back to obsidian and paste the word “blah” at the end of the title: “This is my new note blah|”
- Switch focus away from obsidian again.
- Switch back to obsidian
- Focus now is at the beginning of the title line: “|This is my new note blah”
I type this:
Add/paste word “blah”
After switching to another app and then back to Obsidian, it magically moves the cursor:
I am running Obsidian 0.9.10 on Mac, but this has happened for last 10 updates/versions of obsidian.