Current status of navigation keybindings, Sep 2023?

Hi all -
I’ve searched for information about navigation keybindings like moveWordBackward:, deleteToBeginningOfLine:, etc, but what I’ve found so far is MacOS users for the last several years saying “Obsidian doesn’t respect global editing KeyBindings? Any chance to customize those ourselves?”. And then no follow up. (Examples: here, here, and here)

Can anybody fill me in on the current state of key combinations that don’t show up in settings > hotkeys? Obsidian-specific functions like ‘Focus on X tab group’ seem well-represented, but I haven’t been able to find a list of standard editing shortcuts(e.g. ‘select one word forward’) or any way to customize them.

What I see so far is that Obsidian seems to have some subset of standard EMACS bindings (ctrl-a, ctrl-e, etc.) for cursor motion and selection management, and the option of switching to VIM bindings for some things. But if I wanted to customize any of those keyboard navigation functions (or, just respect the global settings already specified for text views in the rest of the OS) is there any way to do this?

Much appreciated.

1 Like

I haven’t been able to find a list of standard editing shortcuts(e.g. ‘select one word forward’)

Here’s the list:

And there seems to be several plugins to customize the keybindings:

But I’m not sure whether we can customize them easily without any plugins.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.