Current date in current note?

hi,

can someone please tell me how to get the current date in my note. i mean exactly that date, on the day i am working on the document.?

I can’t do that with templates…

i have a longer note and through my dashboard (with dataview) i want to see when i last worked on it…

thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

You certainly can do it with templates. Make a template that contains only {{date}}, then insert it into your document using the Templates menu, the “Insert template” command in the command palette, or Ctrl/Cmd T (if that’s the default hotkey and not one I set).

But you don’t need to, because there’s also an Insert date command in the command palette.

Unless you mean you want a date in your document that changes every time you open it. There may be a plugin way to do that, but I don’t know,

“Unless you mean you want a date in your document that changes every time you open it. There may be a plugin way to do that, but I don’t know,”

yes, that’s exactly what I mean.

there must be a way to do that?
maybe with javascript?

does anyone have any ideas?

I study and write on the script almost daily.
I would like to see when I last worked on it.

of course, this can also be done manually.
but automatic would be great :slight_smile:

i hope i can find a solution here

There is probably some JavaScript thing you could do, but I don’t know what.

But how would you? If the date changes every time you open the note, you’ll just see the current time, not the time you last worked on it.

If you want the date the note was last changed, there is a plugin for that (I don’t remember its name). Read the documentation, because if it uses the file system’s “last modified” date and you sync your vault, you might get inaccurate times.

Perhaps use the update time on Edit Plugin? I use it and it works well enough.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.