Ctrl-click on web link open new firefox window instead of tab in current window

In my search for a PKM I was giving a try to obsidian, but almost immediately I hit against what is for me a show stopper.
When I ctrl-click on a web link in a md page, instead of opening a tab in my currently active firefox window, the link is opened in a new window with all the firefox customization and all add-ons stripped away, making impossible any action on the web page but to read it.
I tried to fiddle with all the possible combinations of browser.link options in firefox to no avail.
It looks obsidian never attempts to send command to active browser but always start a new browser in a weird way.
I tried also “open with” plugin but the behavior didn’t change.
Is there any way to force obsidian to use currently active firefox window to open links?

I’m working with:
Windows 10 Pro updated to last update
firefox 96.0.3
obsidian 0.13.19 installed in portable mode

Thanks.

In firefox settings, under “Tabs” have you enabled the “Open links in tabs instead of new windows” option?

Thanks for taking time to answer.
Absolutely yes.
As i said i fiddled with about:config browser.link preferences:

A) browser.link.open_newwindow - for links in Firefox tabs
is set to default value
3 = divert new window to a new tab (default)

B) browser.link.open_newwindow.override.external - for links in Firefox tabs
i tried all the following
-1 = apply the setting under (A) to external links (default)
3 = open external links in a new tab in the last active window
1 = open external links in the last active tab replacing the current page

C) browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction - for links in other programs
i tried all the following
2 = apply the setting under (A) to normal windows, but NOT to script windows with features (default)
0 = apply the setting under (A) to ALL new windows (even script windows with features)

Then i always restarted firefox to be sure the preferences were really active.
Changing those preferences has effect in the behavior of firefox for other applications, for example vscode md editor and zettlr that send open_window command to active browser instance, but as far as i was able to see it looks that obsidian does not interact at all with the active browser instance, instead it always start a new firefox instance.
And this instance is stripped of all the customization and the installed extension, that’s like going from driving a full optional Cadillac to driving a horse-drawn buggy.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.