once again i need a little bit of help
During the last years i gathered a lot of definitions (a few hundred) related to my area of work as a veterinarian. I would like to add those definitions to obsidian. Please keep in mind i just started using obsidian, i am new to markdown and i have no idea about programming! I tried to be as precise as possible but i struggled with the specific terms. I just know stuff about dogs, cats, fishes and birds… !
a definition in my case consists of:
- the name of the definition and in some cases an abbreviation
- the definition of the word itself
- in a lot of cases a paragraph of a regulation where the definition is originating from
example: 1. pain, 2. physical suffering or distress 3. § 1 TierSchG
what i am doing right now
- create an individual note (Pain) for each definition
- add the definition itself (physical suffering…) as an alias in the front matter
- add a tag “definition”
- created a note called “Definitions” with a dataview query looking for all notes with the tag “definition” and displaying file name in the left column and the alias in the right column
- the dataview query:
TABLE aliases as Definition FROM #Definitionen SORT file.name ASC
the good: i actually have a note that shows all definitions in alphabetical order with the definition in the right side. the simple dataview query works.
the bad / what i am worried about: is that after adding a lot more definitions i will realize that i should have applied the whole process in a different way
what could be improved: is there a better way then just using the alias? should i do it differently alltogether? should i add the reference to the regulation/law in the text of the note or somewhere else? can i display the reference to the regulation/law in a third column?
- watched youtube videos about adding dictionaries to obsidian
- read forum posts and articles regarding dataview, dictionary plugins etc.