Create summary of inlinks/backlinks pointing to the current page (dataview)

Hi, I’m using a combination of plugins to better group my daily activities, namely

• Periodic Notes: I have weekly notes and daily notes, dailies in the format “YYYY-MM-DD ddd”
  • Natural Language Dates: I use this plugin to quickly create links that reference to the current date, so “//today” creates the current date in “[[YYYY-MM-DD ddd]]” format

I then have files for each project, and the work I do in each project each day I log into this file, so in file [[Project A]] I would have

## [[2021-12-01 Wed]]
Something here about this day's work on project A

## [[2021-12-02 Thu]]
Something more

and for [[Project B]] I would have

## [[2021-12-01 Wed]]
Something here about this day's work on project B

## [[2021-12-02 Thu]]
Something more

What I’d like to do is have a Dataview or DataviewJS (or any other method really) snippet that would generate headers and embedded backlinks for each date. E.g. in the [[2021-12-01 Wed]] file, the generated output of the snippet should be

## Project A (linked to [[Project A#2021-12-01 Wed]])
Something here about this day's work on project A (the embed of the link above)

## Project B (linked to [[Project B#2021-12-01 Wed]])
Something here about this day's work on project B (the embed of the link above)

So far I’ve managed to use DataviewJS with the following code

for(let il of dv.current().file.inlinks) {
	dv.header(2, il);
}

Which generates the equivalent of

Project A
Project B

where the above are 2 links to the project files.

I’m not sure if there is a direct solution to this, or if Dataview is the best plugin for it, but if anyone has any suggestions on approaches to this I’d really appreciate it!

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.