Create predefined directory structure

I am using folders to isolate pages inside projects; Notes, ProjectFiles, etc. I am creating these folders by hand right now for each new project. Is this the only way to create a predefined list of folders, or am I missing a feature? Templates are nice for predefined page layout, but is there an automated way to create a predefined folder structure? I was going to create the folder layout and just copy the parent folder when I create a new project, but you can’t copy folders. Thanks.

ce

Create that empty directory structure somewhere outside of the Obsidian vault on your machine. Then, outside Obsidian, in the Finder or Windows Explorer, copy and paste the top folder wherever you need it into your vault. as needed. Not the most elegant way to do it, but it works. (The reason I would have the directory structure outside is so it doesn’t get used by mistake in Obsidian).

I did that a few times, and it made me cringe. I don’t use all the folders for some projects, so I am just creating them on an as needed bases. Thanks.

ce