Create note from sections of other notes

Things I have tried

I have read the documentation on Tracker, Dataview, and Templater but didn’t see how to do what I needed.

What I’m trying to do

I’m trying to create a weekly note that will parse the daily notes for that week and consolidate markdown section into the weekly note. For example:

Daily Note (DD/MM/YYYY):
## Daily Accomplishment
blah, blah, blah…

Weekly Note (Week ending DD/MM/YYYY):
## Weekly Accomplishments
All text from ## Daily Accomplishment notes for the week.

Thank you for the help.

I think you’re looking for linking to headings and then embedding with a !. This is a section of my weekly note: it displays all the daily note(s) content under the header “# daily log”

## Thursday 2022-12-15
![[2022-12-15#Daily Log]]

## Friday 2022-12-16
![[2022-12-16#Daily Log]] 

## Saturday 2022-12-17
![[2022-12-17#Daily Log]]
1 Like

Thanks for the information. Is there a way to create those links automatically (using something like tracker or dataview)?

I used the core plugin templates at first with a custom template that pre fills in all the days (with the correct days of the week headers, file links, etc). I use the templater community plugin now.

Here’s one article I remember looking at when making my template that works with the core templates plugin: This Obsidian Weekly Template Can Completely Replace Your Daily Notes | by Ellane W | Geek Culture | Medium

Have fun!

3 Likes

@wsloan like this:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.