Create a sort of index with the headings of a given note

Hi,
im a student that’s trying Obsidian to take notes of a book. I prefer to take longer notes with lots of headings and It’d be nice if with a click of a button I could get a clickable “list” of the headings of that note.

I tried searching for “links heading index”, but couldn’t find anything. Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks in advance,
João

You can do that in many different ways :stuck_out_tongue:

If you have the option Outline enabled in setting it will create a list of all the heading no the right sidebar.
Settings-> Core plugins → Outline

If you want that only on the top of the files so you can use a community plugin TOC (Dynamic Table of Contents), once installed and enabled you only need to add to the top of the file this code:

```toc style: number ```

PS2: With this if you ever need to Export to PDF in Obsidian you will have an automatic index created :smiley:

4 Likes

Just before I came here I stumbled upon another community plugin, aptly named “Table of Contents” that does exactly what I wanted. Thanks for the suggestion, though, I’ll also give a try

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.