Create a seperate view when go into a folder as system file explorer do

We strongly recommend you to search the forum with possible keywords before making a new feature request. If your request is very similar to an existing one, consider liking it and/or making a comment rather than making a new one. Once you’ve searched and determined that this is a new request, delete this line.

Use case or problem

It would be great if there is a way to go into a folder in the navigation(or file explorer of Obsidian. I’m not sure what the official name is.) Which has already be mentioned in https://forum.obsidian.md/t/a-few-important-feature-requests-mainly-about-the-file-explorer/26708

Where you can click to go to the next section, you and don’t have to see everything irrelevant once you’ve already gone into your desired folder

I somehow have a multi-level file structure. So the deeper it goes, the more indent there is, which makes there is less space for filename.

Proposed solution

I suppose there are two ways to do this. One is mentioned as before, which let go into a folder like the system file explorer.
The other one is Zotero style, which display the current folder contents in a seperate full-width windows.

Current workaround (optional)

No.

Related feature requests (optional)

No.

1 Like