Create a "master" section that will update 1 or more sections automatically

Is there a way to create a section on my note that works as the “master” section and then have 1 or more sections that update automatically when the master section updates?
For context: as a musician I have a template for lyrics and there are 3 or more sections for the chorus. Now I want to only update the chorus once and all the other sections will update, instead of me doing it manually 4 times

Something like this

You could embed the master section block or heading within the other sections. To do this create a link to the block or heading and add an exclamation point in front of it. Any changes to the master section will be reflected in the other sections where it is embedded. On the forum, this is sometimes referred to as transclusion.

Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks!
That worked!
I noticed one thing though: the moment I add a new paragraph, it starts referencing the new paragraph instead. So is it possible to add some kind of “begin” and “end” to a section and make that the whole “master”?

1 Like

You’re welcome. Try ![[#Chorus 1]] to embed that section. When linking to or embedding a section within the same note you can forego adding the note name before the #.

1 Like

Thanks again.
That “kinda” worked, but it also included the heading, which is not intended

I rarely use new paragraphs like that, but I was wondering if that was possible, if I need them. I can always work around it by adding a line with something like a single dot

Appreciate your time and help! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Yea. I see. I was going to suggest removing the blank line. There is also the technique of embedding a block of a bullet list item, which also embeds indented child bullet items.

This could work: Embed Section of Note without embedding the Header - #3 by anon187

Glad you gave something that works good enough.

1 Like

Actually, I thought of another solution and it works: using HTML by adding <br>

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.