Copying text from previous daily note to current one

I have a very specific way I want to handle daily todos. For specific tasks that I want to work on the next day, i currently put at the bottom of my daily note and the next day I’ll copy that text to that day’s daily note. I don’t want to link to the previous note. Is there a way to do this automatically with the help of Templater or other plugins?

This is how my daily note template looks currently:

Previous day: [[<% tp.date.now("YYYY-MM-DD", -1) %>]]
<%* moment.locale("sv") -%>
## <% tp.date.now("dddd D MMMM", 0, tp.file.title, "YYYY-MM-DD") %>

Next day: [[<% tp.date.now("YYYY-MM-DD", 1) %>]]

(I’m mixing swedish and english :upside_down_face:)
This produces:

Previous day: [[2022-03-17]]

fre 18 mars

Today’s tasks goes here

Next day: [[2022-03-19]]
Tomorrow’s tasks goes here

I know that this is a very specific use-case, but if anyone got any ideas or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated! And if not, that’s totally ok aswell, I’m just sending the question out there.

Here is what I use in my Templater:

### Due Tomorrow
```tasks

due on <% tp.date.tomorrow() %>

I should have added:

I use the core Daily Note plugin, and Templater Community Plug In.

That Templater code in the previous is in my Daily Notes template which the Daily Note plugin uses to create new notes.

There is an option in the Templater called “New files” or something like that. It needs to be enabled so when the new file is created using the template, the Templater code is triggered.

-Eric

Thanks, I think I’ll add something like that to my daily template. I’m just wondering if it’s prossible to transfer what you write there today to the next day’s daily note…

Sorry, I’m not quite sure what you are asking. If you put it in the task itself, it will be caught and added when Templater creates the note for “tomorrow”.

Do you mean something like a live update rather than the snapshot that Templater provides?

I want the tasks that i write at the end of my daily note to automatically be transfered to the next day’s note when I come back the next day and create it.

It’s kinda a live update, but it only have to work once a day when I create the daily note.

I’m just a newbie, I’m sure with DataView plugin there is probably a better solution, but this would be a primitive way. Add this to your daily note template, then anything you tag with “tomorrow” in your Daily Notes will carry forward.

``` query
tag:tomorrow tag:<% tp.date.yesterday() %>
    ```
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.