Copy Search Results: Remove List prefix limitation

Please replace the limited drop-down list with a simple field for text entry.

It seems silly and limiting to not have a field where we can enter whatever we want for the prefix.

20201015_12.25.12

No need to suggest search and replace as a workaround in the comments. It’s possible to get what we need with extra steps. But why not simply improve the feature and do it here?

7 Likes

+1
yeah one step away, not steps

1 Like

If we add a suffix there, it would be possible to have comma separated values too. The default suffix right now is a new line \n, for comma-separated lists the prefix should be empty and the suffix should be a comma and a space , .

3 Likes

Totally agree with this and the suffix suggestion.

2 Likes

Ha, if you could input any characters as a prefix, you could actually make this a Copy URL Scheme action, too: prefix with obsidian://open?vault=vaultID&file=.

4 Likes

Ha, if you could input any characters as a prefix, you could actually make this a Copy URL Scheme action, too: prefix with obsidian://open?vault=vaultID&file=.

+10 to that. I had created my own version of this in my homemade add-on tools. I offered all the options:

Title = 'Note Title',
  Filename = 'Filename with Extension',
  RelativePath = 'Relative Path',
  AbsolutePath = 'Absolute Path',
  ObsidianUrl = 'Obsidian URL',
  MarkdownLink = 'Markdown Link using Obsidian URL',

Reminds me of this request https://forum.obsidian.md/t/expand-copy-file-path-with-format-options/5737

2 Likes