• right click to get context menu
  • choose “Copy”
  • go somewhere else
  • right click to get context menu
  • chose “Paste”

Expected result

The selected text is pasted at the new place

Actual result

Nothing happens, or, if an older selection was in the clipboard, the older selection gets pasted

Environment

• Operating system: macOS Big Sur 11.5.2
  • Obsidian version: 0.12.15

Additional information

• I used command line tools like “pbpaste” to check that indeed the selection is not copied to the clipboard.
  • it works in preview mode, however
  • keyboard shortcuts CMD-C and CMD-V work also
  • selection “Copy” and “Paste” from the top menubar under “Edit” also works as expected
  • I checked that the error persists with all plugins, own css etc. disabled and theme set to default.
  • my wife (same setup on different hardware) has the same issue

post a screen recording of this happening in the help vault.

I made a screen recording doing this in the help vault. You see that the behavior is erratic. It sometimes works, suddenly it does not. So the screen recording shows several events where I successfully can copy with the context menu, but suddenly, it stops working and then paste does not work as well. You can find the recording here, as I did not see a way to upload it here directly.

Also experiencing this behaviour. This also applies, when using keyboard (CMD+C/CMD+V).

In edit-mode, tried to mark text using mouse and keyboard. CMD+C does not copy text to clipboard (verified by pbcopy | cat) nor is text pasted to editor with CMD+V

Obsidian Version: 1.0.4 (21)
MacOS: 11.5.2

you should not use the mobile version on desktop. Download and use the desktop version.

Desktop-Version for Apple Silicon Macs was not available in App Store, that’s why I used iPad version. Will try 0.12.15 instead now. Thanks