Copy and paste from Day One image problem

Things I have tried

What I’m trying to do

I am migrating from Day One app on iPad. I have copied words and images from Day One page and pasted straight into a new file on Obsidian. All ok but when I then try to access the same file on my iPhone the image is not there…instead there is ‘Attachment_2.jpeg’ .
In Obsidian above the image in edit mode I see the following

Any pointer gratefully received thanks

Hi, did you solve this yet?

You say “All ok”, but it didn’t work in the first place. The “blob:capacitor://” link works on your one machine, but isn’t a valid link anywhere else.

I don’t use Day One, but you need to look into data export tools that will actually export the text and images into a regular folder, or as html or markdown.

Someone shared a tool they made. I never tested it, so look carefully, and backup your data first

DayOne to Obsidian script - Share & showcase - Obsidian Forum

Thanks very much for that. It’s a steep learning curve but after about three days reading and watching videos and a week of using it I am beginning to understand and really enjoying it. I think I am going to save my DayOne files to pdf and store them in Obsidian. Thanks again

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.