- Open Obsidian Android app
- Connect a Bluetooth keyboard to the Android device
- Obsidian app restarts from splash screen
- Disconnect the Bluetooth keyboard
- Again, the Obsidian app restarts from splash screen
App window should remain unchanged when an external Bluetooth keyboard is connected or disconnected.
Obsidian Android app restarts from its splash screen whenever a Bluetooth keyboard is connected or disconnected while using the app.
- Operating system: Android 10
- Obsidian version: 1.0.5
I suspect this is related to the Android app’s manifest not being registered to handle “keyboard” configuration changes. By default, Android classifies connecting/disconnecting an external keyboard as a config change and fires the app’s
onCreate method. See:
- android - bluetooth keyboard will cause activity destroy and recreate - Stack Overflow
- java - Android App - Fires onCreate whenever bluetooth keyboard connects / disconnects - Stack Overflow
- Handle configuration changes | Android Developers
My workflow involves switching my keyboard frequently between my main PC and Obsidian on my Android tablet, but because the app restarts whenever I switch it’s rather clunky in practice.