Config to ignore/hide select files and folders

I would like this for sure. But there is also the situation where you might want a folder to not be indexed by Obsidian. I have a few reference library folders that I never add to or change but often have to wait while Obsidian heats up for a minute or two when I boot the vault up. Sorry if this is unrelated. Maybe I should do a feature request.

Thanks.

1 Like

+1 for this. Meanwhile I got used to the file tree plugin which has an option to add to “excluded folders”.

2 Likes

+1. It would be really useful

1 Like

+1 for this, it would be most useful.

1 Like

+1 for this feature, would realy prove convenient

1 Like

Another vote for this.

1 Like

+1, would be useful to hide Attachments, Templates and Databases (used for DataView data) folders.
I feel it would be convenient to toggle whether or not these hidden folders should still be accessible via Open File (cmd+O)

1 Like

+1 I would also be able to toggle folders to be hidden from indexing.

1 Like

+INF this is extremely needed so that I can exclude some folders from the tree view as it is annoying

1 Like

+1, it would solve Allow plugins to add links between notes ¡ Issue #33 ¡ obsidianmd/obsidian-api ¡ GitHub

1 Like

+1, great feature request ! Has this been acknowledged yet, after 4,9k views, 2 years and 75 upvotes ? Thanks !

1 Like

Yet another +1 for this. Vault is getting too big with all other external documents included in it, and search is basically unusable at this point. This is becoming quite mission-critical XD . Being able to exclude certain folders/control the scopes is key to be able to continue scaling effectively with ever-growing vaults

5 Likes

+1 first
Surprised by lacking of acknowledgement from development, after almost 20 months?

1 Like

The developers don’t acknowledge most FRs until they’re being implemented.

2 Likes

renaming extension to pdf may work around

1 Like

One more +1 from me

1 Like

+1 here. I have an “archived” folder I really need this feature for. thanks!

2 Likes

+1, totally agree

+1 I also have this problem. I dont want the contents of my “ARCHIVE” folder to show up in the quick switcher.

3 Likes

That would be absolutely nice