Community plugins are not loading...please help🙏

Things I have tried

What I’m trying to do

Please help me to resolve this issue.

You may have a network problem. Either be behind a firewall or your DNS isn’t resolving properly.

1 Like

Could you please briefly explain how can i solve the problem. I am not aware of these terms. I am using wifi network and internet is working fine.

Do you happen to be in India?

We’ve had reports that an ISP in India has blocked GitHub at the DNS level, which Obsidian uses to update themes and plugins.
You can fix it by switching to a different DNS server, then restarting Obsidian.

5 Likes

Yes I am from India and thankyou so much for replying.

By “switching to a different DNS server” do you mean using a VPN? or do you mean something else.

This should help, I hope:

2 Likes

Thankyou so much for the help. Should I choose cloudflare DNS setting or Google’s public DNS setting? And is it safe to change the DNS settings of our network? Please answer.

1 Like

As far as I know they are safe (have used Cloudflare and Quad9 for years, but not Google). You could also change the DNS, see if it works and download whatever you need, and then revert back to the original DNS. Remember to make a note of the current DNS settings.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.