Community Plugin List - Notion Database

Hello everyone!

I’ve created a handy script that you can find here to help organize and manage Obsidian plugins more efficiently. This script takes the plugin list from the Obsidian Release and exports it into a Notion Database.

Here’s what the script does automatically:

• It adds essential information like the plugin’s ID, name, description, author, and repository link.
  • It includes a “mobile” tag for plugins that are not limited to desktop use (isDesktopOnly: false in their manifest.json).
  • It captures the funding URL (using the first link if multiple are found).
  • It categorizes repositories into two groups based on their last commit date:
    • #STALE: For repositories that haven’t seen a commit in over a year.
    • #ACTIVE: For repositories with more recent activity.
    • I manually tag plugins as #ARCHIVED if they are no longer maintained or looking for a new maintainer.

After this initial setup, I plan to:

• Add relevant tags for easier searching (e.g., graph, journaling, UI, or IA).
  • Include some notes and information.
  • Establish relationships between related plugins.
  • Document plugin dependencies.

Since there are approximately 1180+ plugins to categorize (and more are added each days), it may take some time. If you’re interested in helping, please send me a direct message. Please note that you’ll need a Notion account to contribute!

Here are some important things to keep in mind:

• I use the GitHub API to retrieve certain information. However, the GitHub API has rate limits, so I’ve implemented workarounds. As our plugin list grows beyond 5000, maintaining the list might become challenging. Hopefully, we’ll have improved tagging and better plugin search and management tools by then.
  • Please be patient with the Notion Database; it may experience some lag.
  • The script runs daily at midnight on my VPS.

You can access the Notion Database here.

Let’s work together to make the Obsidian plugin ecosystem even better!

6 Likes

Hello !
I continue to works on this DB, but I is more and more difficult as Notion has not pretty good performance.

I’m around ~650 plugins on more than 1200. Sometimes, I also tag plugins without following the order, and I tagged all plugins that use AI in any way.

Hi:
If Notion’s performance is an issue you may want to take a look at Seatable
@rami.sedhom created Obsidian Plugins Categorization with it: [github | python script | categories]

I am also monitoring plugins via Seatable: e.g. my “actively monitoring” subset view …
Google Photos
I created my seatable based on rami.sedhom’s:
Added a Status table: [enabled-always | enabled-toggle | enabled-trying | install-on-need | try-next | try-when]
I manually update it from obsidian-releases by copying & pasting the JSON into …
JSON Editor Online and to filter “name description repo id” I run a JMESPath script:
[*].{name: name, description: description, repo: join('',['https://github.com/',repo]), id: id}
I save the result as “Export to CSV”
I finally import these rows/records into my corresponding Seatable view.

I don’t mind the manual process as it allows me to review the new plugins; I also watch commits to remove archived plugins.

Categories: my categories are still the same as rami’s categories:

I will devise my own at some later date.

1 Like

Oh wow! Ty!!!

@Mara-Li I mentioned you and your Notion database in …

Is there any way to filter extensions by mobile-compatible?

Hello!
I switched onto my own seacloud table : Obsidian Plugin Categorization

1 Like

excellent, thanks for sharing :slight_smile: