Coming soon: Actions for Obsidian (Shortcuts on macOS/iOS)

(In case you don’t follow #general on Discord…)

:rocket: After a few weeks of foundational work I’m literally quite excited to finally lift the lid on my new app…

It’s called Actions for Obsidian and adds, well, Obsidian actions to the Shortcuts app on macOS and iOS. If you want to better integrate your note taking with Obsidian and your other workflows, I think you’ll enjoy it.

Check it out @ obsidian.actions.work.

Promotional image with the text 'Actions for Obsidian: Useful new Obsidian actions for the Shortcuts app on macOS and iOS. Bridge the gap between your notes and your workflows' next to an iPhone

Beta coming soon, sign up for the mailing list if you’re curious. Or just follow the app’s Twitter account, @actionsdotwork Mastodon account, @[email protected]. I’d appreciate either or both. :wink:

If you have questions, let me know! I’m here. :vulcan_salute:

14 Likes

Looking forward to it, what kind of actions can we expect?

@CindyAutista Creating/ updating/ appending/ prepending notes & daily notes, for starters. Searching and replacing in notes. Searching for content, getting search results out, that kind of stuff.

I’m starting with the basics.

1 Like

Any updates on when it is available for iOS?

I’m aiming for a TestFlight beta in March, but that depends on what my “sync on iOS” deep dive turns up. I’ll keep you posted.

If you want to stay up to date, I’m posting fairly regularly on Mastodon (Actions for Obsidian (@[email protected]) - PKM.social)!

1 Like

Will this work with Obsidian Sync?

It doesn’t do anything different than you’d do manually, so it should work, yes. I mean, if your vault isn’t fully synchronized yet and you open and edit it right away, there might be sync conflicts. But that’s usually not the case, right.

The app works by communicating with a Obsidian plugin, Actions URI, so everything it does it does “by the book”.

BTW, the app was released today, and there’s a 34 day trial period. :wink: https://obsidian.actions.work

Consolidated Thread: Actions for Obsidian: 38 dedicated Shortcuts actions for Obsidian (macOS/iOS)