Collapsed text keeps opening randomly

What I’m trying to do

I never had this problem, but suddenly when I do something like paste into a bullet point, a collapsed header or bullet point below it will suddenly open up and show everything inside. I didn’t ask it to open up. I don’t want it to open up unless I tell it to.

Example:

• blah blah
  • (I paste something)

this header is collapsed before I paste something

• now all of the stuff inside is visible because after I paste above, the header is no longer collapsed

Things I have tried

I scanned through the changelog and settings, I searched “collapse” and looked around.

EDIT: it seems inconsistent too, like if I paste “change test” it’ll open the below header, but if I paste “the bomb” it won’t. ???

1 Like

I have, what I believe is the same problem. These are the details:

• Collapsed bullet points will open if I paste any text above it, but it requires that no text, only empty lines, is between the pasted text and the collapsed bullet point for the collapsed bullet point to open and all sub-bullet points to become visible.
  • Collapsed headers will open if I paste at least one bullet point above it, but it requires that no text, only empty lines, is between the pasted text and the collapsed header for the collapsed header to open and all content within to become visible.
  • I also noticed that sometimes every collapsed bullet point and heading in my entire obsidian vault (probably I haven’t checked every single file), to be opened. It hasn’t happened enough times for me to notice a pattern though.

This only started happening in the past three months I think? Pretty recent, but I know it wasn’t like this for the first year or two I have been using obsidian.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.