Code-block-flair (coding language badge indicator) is not visible in preview mode

Maybe this is intentional, but the .code-block-flair is not visible in preview/reading mode.

Steps to reproduce

```r
test <- function() {

}
```
```javascript
let test = 1;
```

Expected result

This is what’s shown in the edit window (take note of the R and JavaScript badge in the upper-right):

Actual result

This is what’s shown in the preview/reading pane (note: there is a copy button but no indicator of the coding language:

Environment

• Operating system: Checked on both windows and mac.
  • Debug info:
SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v0.16.3
	Installer version: v0.15.9
	Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.19044
	Login status: logged in
	Catalyst license: insider
	Insider build toggle: on
	Live preview: on
	Legacy editor: off
	Base theme: dark
	Community theme: none
	Snippets enabled: 0
	Restricted mode: off
	Plugins installed: 2
	Plugins enabled: 0

RECOMMENDATIONS:
	none
1 Like

thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Any updates on this bug? Code-block-flair (coding language badge indicator) is not visible in preview mode

I don’t know if it’s intended but it doesn’t make any sense to display the language only in editing mode, I already know what language I’m writinig in, I don’t need to know, but if I’m reading later it is extremely useful, not the other way around.

Tried to reproduce in a sandbox vault to see if it was some plugin/theme conflict but apparently it’s just the way it is.

I’m having the same issue with C#. Good format/colors in Edit mode but language-none on View mode. Any solution found?

v1.3.5

Having the same issue on v1.4.16 with C++