Cmd + Click to open note in new pane in edit mode?

Hello Obsidian users,

How do I configure Cmd + Click to open a note/link in a new pane? This works in preview mode, but it would be great if I could do this on edit mode as well.

If there is not a native/Obsidian solution for this, Iโ€™d welcome any hints around how to do this using an external app (keyboard maestro or something in that league etc.)!

Thank you :slight_smile:

In Edit mode, shift+command+click opens a link in a new window.

1 Like

Hello @austin - yes, thank you for your response. I know that CMD+Shift+Click opens the note under cursor in new pane, but I was exploring if there is any way this can be configured to Cmd+Click instead. The reason I am looking for this is because CMD+Shift+(anything) ends up creating a few hassles for me such as:

1. In Obsidian, besides opening the note in new pane, it also selects everything from where my cursor was till where the link to note was.

2. It conflicts with a few window managers (for example, I use Hookshot for window management - where CMD+Shift in combination with other things (such as clicks, or other keys) do other things.

3. I keep forgetting that itโ€™s CMD+Shift+Click only for editor - not for opening a note in search, not for opening a note from graph, not in preview etc. Also I am not too sure why have the editor have a different combination than preview.

So yeah, I was looking for way to get this to work with Cmd+Click (instead of Cmd Shift click).

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.