Close to tray

Hi everybody. I created a solution for this Problem. Just today I updated my App. Hier can you find the Download GitHub - MichaelLepori/ObsiWizy: Tool for Obsidian Users and hier ObsiWizy On YouTube how it works. Enjoy it and let me know, if you would like to be able to do more with it. Till then, take care. ML

Hi! I’ve written an open-source plugin for Obsidian that adds this functionality (close to tray, open on startup, global hotkey): GitHub - dragonwocky/obsidian-tray: Launch Obsidian on startup and run it in the background from the system tray

I’ve submitted it to Obsidian’s community plugins repo, so hopefully it’ll be available there soon, but until then there are instructions for manual installation of the plugin at the link above.

9 Likes

Thanks to dragonwocky for writing the “Tray” plugin. Hoping to see it available as an official plugin soon!

2 Likes

This is such a great plugin! Thanks @dragonwocky!

i looked for it in the community plugins from within Obsidian, but it was not there under “Tray”.

This is a very significant UX addition for a lot of people, myself included. Please to the benevolent Obsidian masters, include this in the “official” community plugins section :pray::crossed_fingers::blush:

2 Likes

Close to tray, e.q. minimize as close opton will be great feature

Dragonwocky’s plugin doesn’t work that well for some Linux users, including myself. For us, this is still an issue and I still request the feature that names this thread.

(The plugin works beautifully on Windows, though)

This would be nice!