Clicking unfolded callout checkboxes refolds the calloutre

When a callout is folded by default ([!note]- instead of [!note]), clicking on a checkbox inside of it resets the state of the callout and folds it again. This makes using folded callouts with tasks impractical and annoying, effectively removing the benefit of folded callouts when it comes to hiding longer lists of tasks.

Steps to reproduce

Using the following callout, click on a checkbox.

> [!note]-
> - [ ] Task 1
> - [ ] Task 2

Expected result

I expect the callout to remain unfolded so I would be able to click on other checkboxes within the callout without having to unfold the callout after every click.

Actual result

The callout refolds upon clicking a checkbox.

Environment

• Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
  • v0.14.15
  • installer 0.14.05
  • sandbox

Additional information

This can be reproduced with or without live preview.

1 Like

thanks

This appears to be fixed in the live preview editing view, but not in the reading view nor source mode.

I don’t think they should be folded in source mode. Are they?

I mean the reading view of source mode. Callouts with the minus pattern (closed by default) close when interacting with a checkbox.

I’ve found a new issue after updating to 1.15.6. The callouts appear to update in live preview editing view, but actually only the checkbox you clicked most recently is marked while the previous ones you clicked are left unclicked. I’ve created a new bug report for that issue.

I came to report the same bug. I don’t use live preview mode, but switch between editor and preview mode.

Clicking the task embedded in the expanded callout folds the callout for me.
Clicking anywhere else seems to have no impact.

Obsidian: 0.15.6 - Linux

Expanding_callout_task_bug

Example for reference - pictures are worth a 1000 words and all that.